This section is an exploration of logarithmic functions, their uses and their mechanics.
- Identify the relationship between logarithmic functions and exponential functions.
- Utilize logarithms to solve for variables in exponential functions and equalities.
- Utilize properties of logarithmic functions to expand or condense logs.
- Utilize the change of base formula to deal with logs of different bases.
In this section we aim to answer the following questions
- What role do logarithms play mechanically?
- Where do logs come from?
- Where do we see logs come up “naturally”?
- What are the properties of logs and why do we care?