This section is an exploration of the absolute value function; specifically how and why they are used and their mechanics.
- Identify an absolute value in expressions and equations
- Correctly introduce absolute values when they are needed during work.
- Solve absolute values both analytically and geometrically.
- Translate appropriate phrases into absolute value expressions, or vice versa.
In this section we aim to answer the following questions
- When and why do we need absolute values?
- How do absolute values and piece-wise functions relate to one another?